So, without further ado, the next collection report. This from now half a year ago. Saturday, December 28, 2013. Noon, an hour before low tide. Lot of snow & flurries on the ground. Three storms back to back with little thawing.
Back of foreshore covered in snow. Foreshore down to tideline of course all cleared. A gorgeous, clean, white snow
Complete with rabbit tracks:
Low sun revealed every receding tideline lapping back. Able to count 28 or more individual waves receding.
Of course it wasn't all beauty, as ever. There was a lot of vinyl down low. I found the "line" of it, and it was kind of crazy how much popped up.
Overall, this all came out:
|199 pcs of nonrope debris|
- Bldg material/furniture: 0
- Foam/styrofoam: 0
- Fishing rope/net: 0
- Fishing misc.: 162 (137 vinyl trap coating scraps, 18 trap parts, 3 bumpers, 4 claw bands)
- Food-related plastics: 6 (bottlecap seal, 4 cup scraps, silverware scrap)
- Food-related glass/metal: 0
- Nonfood/unknown plastics: 8 (2 mylar balloon scraps, bag scrap, plant stake, 2 cable ties, 2 hard tubings)
- Scrap plastics: 22 ( 10 > 1" , 12 < 1" )
- Paper/wood: 0
- Non-plastic misc./unique: 1 (fabric scrap)
Running YTD counts:
- Total pcs of litter -- 11260
- Total from fishing -- 9857 (87.5%)
- Pcs fishing rope -- 1944
- Vinyl lobster-trap scraps -- 7119